StorHub will collect, disclose, use and/or process the personal information you have provided to us for the purposes stated below in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). We may also collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent if it is required or permitted under applicable laws (including but not limited to the Privacy Act).
Collection of Personal information
We may collect your personal information, which refers to any information or opinion about an identifiable individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, such as your name, passport number, license number and details, telephone numbers, residential address, correspondence address, email address, IP address, cookies information, date of birth, CCTV footage and/or audio, information about you from the Personal Property Security Register, any correspondence between you and us, and any information reasonably necessary for us to provide services to you. If you provide us with personal information relating to a third party, you represent and warrant that you shall ensure accuracy of such personal information provided at all times, and have obtained such third party’s prior written consent for our collection, use and disclosure of such third party’s personal information for the relevant purposes, except to the extent that such consent is not required under relevant laws.
Cookies may be used on some pages of our Website. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is deleted from the system once such purposes have been fulfilled. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information or data about you, other than the information or data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Website if cookies are disabled.
Use of Personal information
Personal information that we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following purposes:
- to offer you a more personalised experience and better serve your needs by customising the content that we share with you;
- to facilitate, process, deal with, administer, manage and/or maintain your account with us, including but not limited to verification of your identity, as well as processing and administering any requests that you may have;
- to provide, manage, operate, process and/or administer our services and your access to our facilities and premises;
- to resolve issues that you may encounter regarding our services, products and/or use of our Website;
- to contact you through the contact information provided by you in order to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to evaluate your storage needs and provide recommendations of suitable storage products and services to you;
- to conduct research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our Website services, products and facilities, and in order to enhance the customer service we provide to you;
- to process and administer your registration for and participation in contests, promotions, surveys or other site features;
- to send periodic communication, including but not limited to, if you opt-in, marketing and promoting our services and products to you via electronic email;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of any person (including for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention);
- to respond to legal process, pursue legal rights and remedies, defend litigation and manage any complaints or claims;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, as well as any rule, request, requisition, requirement, directive, order, ordinance, circular, guideline, by-law or proclamation of any governmental, semi-governmental, quasi-governmental, statutory, regulatory, supervisory, administrative, judicial, federal, state, municipal, public or other authority, agency, commission, department, body or tribunal (including without limitation any relevant securities exchange);
- to respond to any requests for information from any affiliates, associates or related entities, and for audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes;
- to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions;
- to store, host and/or back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal information, whether within or outside Australia; and
- for record-keeping purposes.
The email address you provide when you fill out a form on our Website may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your request or feedback, in addition to, if you opt-in, receiving occasional company news, latest promotions, marketing updates, related product or service information. If you would like to stop receiving such emails in future, we include the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
We may also seek your consent and/or notify you separately of the purposes of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information from time to time with respect to particular products and services. Any consent that you have given for marketing purposes is not affected by the termination or suspension of your account.
Storage and Protection of Personal information
StorHub respects your confidentiality and privacy – the protection of personal information within our possession is a matter which we take very seriously.
Your personal information is stored in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. We take reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Within StorHub, we limit access to your personal information to authorised employees who reasonably need to use that data to provide services to you.
Retention of Personal information
StorHub will cease to retain your personal information, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal information is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
Access to and Correction of Personal information
StorHub shall provide access to an individual’s personal information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act upon the individual’s request, when the individual contacts us in the manner set out below under the section titled “Contact Us”.
We assume responsibility for keeping an accurate record of retained personal information, and upon request, will correct any errors or omissions in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
In accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act, we may charge you a reasonable fee to respond to your request for access. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.
Disclosure of Personal information
We do not sell or trade your personal information with any third parties under any circumstances.
We may disclose your personal information to trusted third parties, whether sited in Australia or outside of Australia (including the People’s Republic of China), who assist us in operating our Website, customer relationship management systems, property management systems, payment systems and other operational systems, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as these third parties agree to keep the personal information confidential. If required by applicable laws, including the Privacy Act, we will enter into contractual undertakings to ensure that the personal information which we collect from you and transfer to such third parties (whether or not located in Australia) is adequately protected.
We may also release your personal information when it is required by law, or when required to protect our and others’ rights, property or safety, in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Countries or jurisdictions to which we are likely to disclose personal information include:
- Hong Kong
- European Union
Updating of Personal information
As StorHub relies on your personal information to provide services to you, you should ensure that the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete. You should update us in a timely manner of all changes to the personal information and other information provided to us, by contacting us in the manner set out below under the section titled “Contact Us”.
In order to be as informative and resourceful as possible, our Website may contain links to other sites that are operated by third parties with different privacy practices. When a visitor leaves our Website to these third-party websites, our privacy practices no longer apply. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites that are linked to or from our Website. You should learn about the privacy policies of such third parties and their websites to determine how they will handle any personal information they collect from you.
We take any privacy complaint seriously and will investigate the complaint and determine whether a breach has occurred, and what action, if any, to take. We will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days. We expect that our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia):
|Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing
|1300 363 992
|Director of Compliance/tr>
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
|+65 6337 2000
|Data Protection Officer
615 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh
#07-04 StorHub Toa Payoh